Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
What is PBIS?
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a proactive systems approach to put strategies in place for all children. Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports is an evidence-based three-tiered framework for improving and integrating all of the data, systems, and practices affecting student outcomes every day.
In classrooms. . .
- Teach, practice, and reteach expectations
- Reinforce expected behavior
- Pre-correct and remind students of expectations
- Interventions for unexpected behaviors
We do this with. . .
- The Matrix of Positive Behavior Expectations
- Lessons to teach Matrix Expectations
- Procedures of common school areas
- Prevention, not punishment
- Give teachers more time to teach
- Increased regular, specific, positive feedback
Our focus is on teaching expectations, preventing unexpected behaviors, and using logical consequences.
PBIS Reward App
Be sure to log in and track PBIS at English Landing.